HIRING: Forklift Operator/ Material Handler
DIRECT LUMBER AND DOOR OF COLORADO IS CURRENTLY HIRING FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:
POSITION TITLE: FORKLIF OPERATOR/ MATERIAL HANDLER
We are looking for a careful forklift operator to join our night shift to load and unload loads of lumber around our facility. You will be operating a forklift with the utmost care to ensure efficiency and safety. Your job could involve driving around warehouses, storage spaces and other facilities. You must be a responsible individual with experience in driving industrial vehicles. The goal will be to ensure that material and products will always be at the right place to achieve maximum efficiency.
STATUS: Full time, Monday-Friday
LOCATION: Fort Collins Lumber Facility, 1800 E. Harmony Rd. Ft. Collins, CO 80528.
PAY RANGE FOR DISPATCHER: $18.00-$21.00
- Safely and efficiently load, unload, and build outgoing loads of lumber and building materials into storage facilities, onto semi-trailer trucks and flatbeds, securing all outgoing loads in appropriate and safe stacking method.
- Drives various lifting devices (e.g. forklift) to move products and materials around the warehouse and yard.
- Responds attentively to training from foreman or more senior handlers to increase own knowledge of work processes.
- Understands and observes all safety procedures and practices to prevent injury to self or co-workers; attends periodic safety meetings as required; may recommend changes to improve safety procedures. ·
- Contributes to maintaining a clean warehouse and yard.
- Participates and supports Inventory and Inventory Control activities, maintaining organized warehouse and yard as well as counting and preparation work for inventories.
- Attaches identifying tags or labels to materials or marks information on cases, packs, or other containers to provide correct identification of items.
- Safely operates banding equipment, saws, and other necessary facility equipment.
- Contribute to a work culture of teamwork, communication, respect, and continuous improvement.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Proven experience as forklift operator
- Excellent physical condition and coordination
- High school diploma
- Training and certification will be provided.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Forklift Operator: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply, fill out the form below or forward your resume to us at: HR@DirectLumberandDoor.com
Be sure to include the title of this position in the subject line and/or the body of the email.