HIRING: Truss Laborer
DIRECT LUMBER AND DOOR OF COLORADO IS CURRENTLY HIRING FOR THE FOLLOWING POSITION:
POSITION TITLE: TRUSS LABORER
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager
STATUS: Part-Time (flexible schedule) and Full-Time (Monday-Friday, with benefits package) available
LOCATION: Denver Truss Facility (6700 Franklin Street, Denver, CO 80229)
PAY RANGE: $13.00 - $23.00 per hour depending on experience
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Accurately read a tape measure and other measuring tools
- Safely use various small hand tools including wrenches, screwdrivers, etc
- Need to have knowledge of use of pneumatic tools, including but not limited to air and staple guns
- Have knowledge of building materials, location of inventory, and follow proper storage and handling of products
- Keep things picked up in yard and building to maintain cleanliness, including wrappers, banding, etc., and general housekeeping
- Effectively communicate with employees, managers, and customers
- Read and comprehend written and printed materials, as well as information presented in numerical form
- Dresses and maintains personal appearance as required by your supervisor and company policy
- On occasion, retail and contractor customers may be in the yard and storage areas. They must be acknowledged, greeted, helped and/or sent to proper location for assistance.
- You must attend regular and special meetings of your department and company as called
- Other job duties not listed above on an as-needed basis
- Stand, walk, and bend repetitively.
- Kneel, squat, twist, and climb repetitively.
- Reach with hands and arms, swing and grasp repetitively
- Carry, lift, and/or move heavy and awkward materials. Most frequently handled items will weigh less than 50 lbs. There are procedures in place for the safe handling of heavy items including use of multiple persons and mechanical aids.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus
- Enthusiastic, goal oriented, reliable
- Enjoys working with a team
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Problem solver, ability to look ahead and understand future steps necessary to complete a task
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities
- Regularly exposed to year-round outside weather conditions, including heat, humidity, rain, cold, dust, ice, and snow.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- The employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts
- Must wear personal protective equipment including, but not limited to, safety shoes, ear and eye protection, etc. where required
To apply, fill out the form below or forward your resume to us at: HR@DirectLumberandDoor.com
Be sure to include the title of this position in the subject line and/or the body of the email.