HIRING: Window Estimator
Direct Lumber and Door of Colorado is currently hiring for the following position:
POSITION TITLE: Window Estimator
REPORTS TO: Window Branch Manager
STATUS: Full-Time, Monday-Friday, 7:30 am to 4:30 pm with 1 hour lunch
LOCATION: Window Division (601 E. 64th Avenue, Bldg. D, Denver, CO 80229)
SALARY RANGE: $40,000 - $60,000 per year plus benefits package
This position will be responsible for preparing estimates for Window Projects. Must be able to communicate effectively with Outside Sales Representatives, Builders, Architects and Homeowners to gather all the necessary information to bid projects accurately. Must effectively read and understand a set of Architectural drawings, ensuring an accurate takeoff of products needed to complete the project. Strong product knowledge will be a must to effectively answer and fulfill all or the customers’ requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive emails and phone calls from customers and Lumber Salesmen requesting quotes for windows.
- Assist customers with a review of their plans to fully understand the requirements.
- Create and deliver quotes back to the requestor in a timely fashion.
- Read and understand architectural plans:
- Floor Plans, Elevations, Options, Garage handing, etc.
- Read and understand a specifications Table/Manual.
- Read and understand measurements.
- Callout proper product sizing to meet required rough openings.
- Working knowledge and understanding of IRC/IBC code requirements for:
- Safety glazing, egress, design pressure, sound transmission and fall protection requirements.
- Understand local municipality code requirements.
- Become proficient with all 7 vendors software:
- Mi, Milgard, Marvin, Gerkin, Cascade, Lincoln, Western
- Window experience is preferred.
- Other duties assigned as necessary.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Window experience required.
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Strategic Thinking - Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas.
- Judgment - Exhibit’s sound and accurate judgment.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Excel software; Inventory software; Design software; Internet software; and Bistrack Order processing systems
To apply, fill out the form below or forward your resume to us at: HR@DirectLumberandDoor.com
Be sure to include the title of this position in the subject line and/or the body of the email.