Now Hiring: Class B Driver
POSITION TITLE: Class B Driver
REPORTS TO: Lumber Operations Manager
STATUS: Full time
LOCATION: Denver Lumber 1530 E. 64th Ave, Denver, CO 80229
SALARY RANGE: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour depending on experience
This position is responsible for delivering building materials to our customers in safe and timely manner.
• Transport building Material to and from customer job sites
• Inspect vehicles for mechanical items and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance.
• Plan routes and meet delivery schedules.
• Document and log work/rest periods and miles spent driving and retain fuel/toll receipts.
• Input “macros” into our automated system for each stage of the loading and unloading process.
• Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking, and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures.
• Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions.
• Collect and verify delivery instructions.
• Report defects, accidents, or violations
• Proven work experience as a truck driver
• Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (GPS, AVL units, CB etc.)
• Ability to drive long hours.
• Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
• No recent moving or driving violations.
• Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions etc.)
• Valid truck driving license
• Must have a smart phone. Unlimited data plan would be recommended.